”Everything you need, seek and long for is already within.”
I feel it’s a beginning of a new cycle of life. Not only because August is knocking on our doors, but I can feel fresh faced optimism floating in the air. Do you sense it as well?
I’m a firm believer in writing my intentions, goals and dreams down, preferably on a piece of paper. I guess I am more of a dreamer/planner than a doer. However, my intentions for 2019 was all about taking action and believing in myself and my abilities. Now, looking back on these past 7 months, I sense a stronger confidence has slowly started to grow within me, as well as a strong feeling of being connected to something greater than my physical being.
When it comes to intentions, you can choose to write daily, weekly, monthly and/or yearly intentions. I prefer to write my intentions in the beginning of every month, as well as set one daily intention that helps guiding me throughout the day. Setting intentions not only makes it easier to stay focused, but it helps to keep the motivation up as well as staying more grounded and closer to one’s core self.
Below you’ll find some of the intentions I wrote in January, while planning for the year ahead. These are the main ones I kept focusing on while the months went by. However, the past week I felt a bit ”lost”, tired and slightly unmotivated (probably due to the fact that we’ve had a couple of intense weeks at work), therefore I thought what better way then to read through my earlier written intentions in order to find my focus again. And actually, this has helped me a lot, to regain my motivation and find that inner spark again. You see, everything you need, seek and long for is already within.
2019 end of the year intentions
- Cultivating an abundance mindset – there’s an abundance flowing within and without; everything I need, seek and long for is already within me. This is a mindset I encourage myself to adopt in every area of my life whether it’s love, career, health, money or opportunities.
- Spreading kindness & compassion – I will strive my best to show loving kindness to all living beings; animals, humans and the planet. I’m inspired by random acts of kindness and compassionate people with big hearts filled with wisdom. There’s something special about humans who are caring and warmhearted to everyone; it seems like they are carrying a sense of calmness within despite with whoever they interact.
- Planting confidence – being confident without being cocky is very attractive. Cultivating a belief in myself is on top of my to-do-list this year. We’re capable of achieving way more than we give ourselves permission to pursue. Persistence is key here, and a willingness to work hard for what you want in life.
- Breathing mindfulness – bringing mindfulness into everything I do – whether it’s writing, studying, working, being in nature, meditating, speaking with friends and family – I can always choose to be a bit more ”there” and a little less somewhere else.
- Embracing my sensitivity – as a highly sensitive person I’m very sensitive to the people around me and their energies. I also feel a whole range of emotions, and it’s nothing wrong with that – as a matter of fact it’s completely normal and healthy to be able to tap into one’s feelings. Nonetheless, I’ve also become to realize the importance of not holding on to emotions for too long; I simply let them pass through me, and then peacefully let them go when they have done their job. Feelings like fear, worry and doubt don’t serve us in any way, and it’s about time we let go of them once and for all. While embracing my emotions I’ve become more self-aware, and more in tune with my inner state of being.
- Nurturing my intuition – I’ve always had a strong intuition, and I would like to cultivate it even more. I’ve noticed that the more I meditate, taking time to really listen to my body and the stillness within, the more I feel connected to my inner voice; my inner guidance system so to speak. It gives a sense of power when you notice you can trust your intuition. I think all people have an inner voice waiting for them to listen carefully, however not everyone is ready to listen to what it has to say. I challenge you to pay attention to your intuition. Trust that you have all the answers within; you possess more power than you think, darling.
- Tapping into my spiritual side – I’m an open-minded person and I love to explore different parts of myself. After cultivating my spiritual side a bit more I’ve become to understand how calm and peaceful it makes me feel. I’ve become more content and hopeful. I truly believe we’re spiritual beings having a human experience. I also believe that there’s so much more to life than the things we can experience through our five senses. Understanding that we’re all in this together, however, experiencing life in our own unique way, makes me feel more at peace, and content within my own being.