”We rise by lifting others.”
When nothing is certain, anything is possible. My personal opinion when it comes to success is that I believe successful people are those who are living their passion, following their dreams and pursuing their goals in life – even though, at times, the path might be uncertain. Even though the path is dark, their inner light will always guide them.
It’s rather easy, and common, to talk about what we want in life; we write about it, and dream about it. We might even visualize how we achieve our dreams and our goals. But for many of us, it all stops there.
What traits do successful humans have, that the persons who is stuck in their dreams, and keep on being stuck in their dreams, do not have? Below you’ll find ten traits that I strongly believe will have a great impact whether one becomes successful or not.
Nevertheless, success looks different for everyone. Therefore it’s of utmost importance that you define what success and happiness mean to you. Focus on what you’re looking for. We usually compare ourselves more to others when we don’t know what we stand for. Always make choices that are important to you. A great idea is to divide success in different categories, such as mentally, spiritually, emotionally, financially and physically. Write down how you define success within each of these categories, and you will become much clearer of where you stand. Remember, you’re the creator of your life – make it worth living. Make it beautiful.
Ten traits of successful humans
- They take action. These people know that in order to achieve and become successful they have to work hard. Nothing comes easy in life. It’s not enough that you talk about how you wish your life to look like, or how often you dream about that company you would like to build, or all that money you would like to have. ‘Oh if only I had more time.’ ‘I will do it next year when I am ready.’ You. Need. To. Take. Action. And you need to do it now – not tomorrow, not next week, not next year. Now. You have to start somewhere, start small. Just start, because frankly speaking there is no excuse for not trying. You have to prepare yourself. You don’t have to be 100 % ready, since lets face it; this feeling of ”being ready” won’t come knocking on your door with flowers and chocolate in he middle of the night. No, you make time for the things you want. You create opportunities. And you take action. A year from now you will be happy that you started today.
- They have confidence. This is a tricky one, because if you don’t have confidence it will most likely be very difficult to create confidence out of the blue. It takes practice, and a strong belief in oneself and what one is capable of. You have to learn about yourself, you have to fall deeply and madly in love with yourself. You have to know that you are worthy of having the things you wish for in life. The more we learn about ourselves, and accept ourselves for who we truly are, our confidence will grow stronger. Core confidence is knowing that although you get fired from your job, or rejected for your work, you know deep down inside, that despite these things you’re worthy, and you get back up. Everyone makes mistakes; it’s part of human life. You’ll learn from your mistakes, you’ll grow, and eventually you’ll find yourself in the progress.
- They have faith. They believe in the things they cannot yet see – simply because they know; they have a strong feeling that things will finally fall into place. They know that the combination of hard work and having the ability to believe is the strongest force. While they have a clear vision of the end-goal, they also know that in order to reach that beautiful destination they have to enjoy the journey, the actual progress, as well.
- They have desire. Successful people have passion; they love what they are doing. Honestly, it’s rather obvious, because if you don’t love what you are doing you will sooner or later give up. Because it will be hard, it will be challenging, and all people will not agree with what you are doing. BUT you continue because deep down inside you know that this is the right path for you. You don’t give up when things get uncomfortable; you roll up your sleeves and get to work.
- They give. They have developed a mindset where they focus on how they can contribute to the world, and to the people around them. They don’t solely think about making money, and how they can improve themselves, but instead how they can improve the lives of others. In order to receive you have to give. You have to share your talents with the rest of the world. How can they benefit from what you are doing? We are in this together, how can we help and serve each other in the most successful way?
- They focus on themselves. Don’t compare yourself to others. Focus on your unique talents, your unique traits. What are you good at? Focus on your assets. It’s the strengths you need to polish, and you have to make them even stronger. We all have weaknesses, and it’s important that we become aware of them, but we should not focus on the things we cannot do. Instead focus on the things that make you great, and make them even greater.
- They have a willingness to learn. Be open-minded, learn new things – it makes you more creative. You can never have too much knowledge (wisdom). Take every moment to improve yourself – if you stumble upon something that makes you uncomfortable, something that is new to you, then use that opportunity to gather new information and new knowledge.
- They ask for help & they are grateful. Successful people know that they are not great at everything. They gather knowledge and advise from others. They learn from others. They build an encouraging team around themselves, because they know that together they become stronger. And furthermore, they practice gratitude, every damn day. They are grateful for every achievements in life, because they know that they would not be the person they are today if it were not for all the things they done so far.
- They make time for things that make them feel relaxed. They know the importance of taking time-out and recharging their batteries. They do things that give them energy to proceed, and succeed. Whether it is practicing meditation, travelling, spending time in nature or cooking a meal to their family; they do it because it makes them rejuvenated.
- They do not dwell in the past. We learn from both our previous failures and victories, but they happened in the past. They have occurred, we reflect, and we move on. Successful people know that the now is the only thing they have, and from there they move forward. The future is created in the now.