Let’s talk about self-development.
”We are magic, aren’t we?
Life is not about reaching the destination, it’s about enjoying the journey. Life is not about waiting for opportunities to come to you; it’s about creating opportunities. I read somewhere that we people don’t decide our futures; we decide our habits and our habits decide our futures.
Cultivating self-development, self-growth, should be on top of your to-do-list, or in other words it should be a daily habit of yours to always strive to be the best version of yourself. You see, life is your call. Every area of life is your call. Life isn’t happening to you; life is responding to you. You’re the creator – you decide what your life will be. You decide how the next chapter will begin, and how the story will unfold.
”Wild. My darling, be wild. Don’t let them tame you.”
- Surround yourself with people that encourage intellectual, emotional, artistic or spiritual growth. People that encourage you to be the best version of you.
- Learn to become the watcher of your thoughts; be aware of them, but don’t let them affect you, or your state of mind. Simply acknowledge them, and then, let them go.
- You can’t have too much knowledge. Educate yourself, try new things, read books, travel, speak to strangers, speak to the stars, learn a language, learn to dance, learn to love. Love yourself.
- Remember you’re amazing, just as you are. But there’s nothing wrong with wanting to improve. Wanting to learn. Grow. Life is an ongoing learning process – you’re a work in progress, a beautiful work in progress.
- Every single moment you have the opportunity to change your life; start by changing how you feel – choose happiness, choose positivity and bravery. It’s never too late to change. Plot twist.
- Dare to imagine the impossible. Always imagine the best outcome whatever situation you may be in. Believe that you can, and you will succeed (eventually; be patient). Trust yourself, and your Self will be forever grateful.
- ”Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.” – Lao Tzu
- Show appreciation towards life – say thank you, thank you, thank you. Dear life, thank you.
- Stop complaining, stop criticising and finding faults in other people and yourself. Instead focus on things that make you grow, things that make other people grow. Be an inspiration. Be a good human.
- Live for today. It’s what you feel right now that matters, because it’s the only thing that determines your future. Every morning when you wake up is an opportunity to change things around, to change things for the better. To choose love instead of
fear, joy instead of sadness, excitement instead of boredom, thankfulness instead of ignorance.
- An open mind is a loving mind.
This is the loveliest post I’ve read today. A wonderful way to start the week. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you so much! Your comment made my day a little brighter ☀️☀️😊 Have a lovely day!
The pleasure is mine! ^^
Thank you!! 😘 I’m pleased to hear that. Have a lovely day! / Linda