”Of this be sure: You do not find the happy life… You make it.”
– Thomas S. Monson
The little things that brighten your day. Making life more joyful. The things that put a sparkle in your day. Are you aware of them?
In order to feel true happiness I find it important to be mindful of the little things that make the soul truly joyful and satisfied. I’m not referring to the bigger things, for example travelling, working out, spending time with loved ones, reaching long term goals – things that also twinkle your soul and make you a happier human being. I’m referring to the small things we tend to forget about. The small things that can make a bad day feel slightly less dreadful.
Here’s a list of six things that make my day more joyful. Although I might not devote time to them each and every day I try to do so as often as possible.
- Morning walks with a coffee in my hand. Especially now when it’s getting lighter outside. And yes, the coffee is crucial.
- Making pancakes; mostly because it smells delicious.
- Sleeping in newly washed bed sheets. That feeling you get when you get into your bed with fresh clean sheets. Heaven. (+ sleeping in a cold room).
- Fresh flowers. Buying colourful tulips brightens up any day.
- The ocean. I’ve always lived close to the sea and I can’t really imagine living far away from it. Besides, I work at sea! The ocean is my happy place, although at times it can also scare me. I would say I’m rather mesmerized by the beauty of the ocean.
- Dreaming. I dream a lot, or let’s call it visualizing. I usually do it before I fall a sleep. I don’t tend to read books, I dream instead. In fact, I dream more when I’m awake then when I’m sleeping.
What makes you light up inside and your day truly amazing?