Home made granola ❤ My fav! I love the smell of cinnamon and cardamom, almost like I would be baking cinnamon buns (fooling the brain 😉 ) Just mix all of your favourites together, bake in the oven and voilá you have yourself a delicious weekend breakfast. I was actually searching for a granola in the food store earlier today but didn’t find any that attracted my attention. Anyhow, I don’t mind since I know how easy it is to make my own. Adding coconut chips and medjool dates was such a splendid idea. Perfect post-workout-meal.
Pecan & Coconut Granola
5 dl gluten free oats
1 dl pumpkin seeds
1.5 dl pecans
0.75 dl melted coconut oil
0.5 dl water
0.5 -1 dl agave (you can also use for example coconut sugar or honey)
A hint of cinnamon & cardamom
+ Natural coconut chips & chopped medjool dates
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan on low heat. Add water and sweetener.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add the coconut oil mixture and stir evenly.
- Place the granola on a baking tray and bake in the oven for approx. 30 minutes until golden brown, stirring every ten minutes to achieve an even colour.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a big bowl. Add the coconut chips and chopped medjool dates and mix until evenly distributed.
- Store the granola in an airtight jar.
Creamy Blueberry Smoothie
1 frozen banana
2 dl blueberries
1 tbs peanut butter
1 tbsp pea protein
A hint of cinnamon
A dash of almond milk
2 tsp glutamin (for my gut)
2 ice cubes
- Place all lovely ingredients in your blender and mix until fluffy and fully combined.
- Pour the delicious smoothie into a jar and enjoy with granola.
Have a lovely Saturday evening ❤