Let’s face it – I’m a snacker. I love to snack. As soon as I sit in front of the computer my snacker gene starts going bananas. I prefer snacking on healthy options though. Foods that keep my blood sugar level stable and doesn’t force me to go and buy new pants every month. Here I list my favourite snacks at the moment, some of which are easy to grab with you before you leave for work or school in the morning.
- An apple and almond butter (5-15 g of nut butter depending on how active you’re during the day).
- Protein smoothie (recipe you’ll find here; Chocolate Protein Smoothie ) The perfect pre or post-workout smoothie.
- Fresh blueberries & Raspberries with roasted pistachio nuts.
- Dates & Peanut butter (For those days when you’re craving something extra sweet).
- Carrots,cucumber & selleri with homemade hummus (make your own hummus since the one you find in the stores usually are packed with way too much oil and additives). Easy peasy healthy hummus: Blend chick peas with loads of coriander, fresh garlic, squeezed lemon and a hint of olive oil. Voilá you have yourself a delicious snack and a perfect side dish for your dinner.
- A couple pieces of raw chocolate. Yes, since I love chocolate <3. Pana Chocolate makes some seriously good shit – raw, organic, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, no soy and handmade.
- Acai bowls (for those hectic days when you need that extra energy).
- Unsalted pecan nuts, cashew nuts, walnuts etcetera.
- One banana.
- One rice cake with hummus or almond butter.
Remember to drink plenty of water in between your meals in order to stay hydrated.