Occasionally your immune system might need an extra health boost. Especially when it’s getting darker and colder outside. Here are some of the nutritional supplements I take daily in order to give my body and overall well-being an extra boost. As with everything it’s certainly individual what your body might need. If you’re uncertain about which vitamins and minerals you need I suggest you consult your doctor/homeopath/dietist/ before adding supplements to your diet.
- Chlorella – is a powerful and detoxifying micro algae containing all vital vitamins, minerals and amino acids you need. Chlorella is rich in chlorophyll. In addition chlorella contains a high amount of protein (approx. 60 %). It balances the pH value in your body and contains Vitamins B6, B12 and iron to support your immune system. Chlorella supports your liver, gallbladder and kidneys. It’s crucial that you buy chlorella that is grown in controlled and pure environments since chlorella absorbs all the toxins from its environment. Source: organicburst.com
- MSM – I’ve been writing about MSM before, read here ( in swedish) about the natural energy booster. For an article in english, click here.
- Probiotics – are live bacteria that are good for your health and especially digestive system. Probiotics are the ”good” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.
- Coconut oil – there are many health benefits of coconut oil; for example coconut oil contains the 12-carbon Lauric Acid that can kill bacteria, viruses and fungi, and might also help to stave off infections. In addition coconut oil can improve blood cholesterol levels and may lower your risk of heart disease. Source: www.authoritynutrition.com
- Vitamin D – is essential for good bone health, protects against colds and may also help to fight depression. In order to get your daily dose of vitamin D you need for example to spend some time in the sun, eat fatty fish or egg yolks, or take vitamin D supplements. Here in Scandinavia where we aren’t spoiled with sun light all year round it might be clever to take a supplement.